Normal journey time is around two hours from west London, though it can be three in rush hour traffic.
- Get on to the M3
- Follow the M3 south-west to (and beyond) Winchester
- At Junction 14 of the M3, the motorway splits in two. Take the first exit signedposted So’ton Docks, WEST onto the M27 heading south-west
- Follow the M27 as it turns into the A31 and continues through The New Forest
- Just after Ringwood exit the A31 onto the B3081 signposted to Verwood. This is easy to miss: it is a tiny exit with almost no warning and comes just after a Texaco petrol station.
- Drive to and straight through Verwood, crossing over the roundabouts. On leaving Verwood you will cross a small bridge and pass a golf course on your left. Take the second road on the left signposted to Wimborne St. Giles
- Follow this road to the end and then turn right onto the B3078
- Take the first road on the left, back on to the B3081
- At the end of this road, turn left into Wimborne St. Giles.
- Please park in the field on the left just before The Old Rectory.
- Take the A354 out of Salisbury, signposted Blandford.
- Continue straight on for about 12 miles until you reach Handley roundabout. Take the first left, signposted the B3081 to Cranborne.
- Continue for about a mile and a half. After a sharp bend to the left, ignore the signpost to Cranborne on the left, and ignore another turn to the left (B3081 again) half a mile on. Just past a small, tarmac road on the left there is a field in which to park. Please do.
Driving times from the following local railway stations:
Salisbury, 30mins (16miles)
Bournemouth, 38mins (21miles)
Poole, 37mins (16.5miles)
Southhampton, 48mins (32miles)